- representing an Irish contractor in a multi-year dispute with the State Treasury – General Director for National Roads and Motorways, related to the construction of a motorway;
- advising the investor (a French company) in a dispute with the general contractor of a prestigious residential high rise building in Warsaw, including the preparation of a global strategy of legal proceedings;
- representing a German real estate fund in the arbitration proceedings before the Arbitration Court at the Polish Chamber of Commerce, related to the defects of a prestigious office building in Warsaw;
- advising a Polish bank which provided financing for the construction of a shopping centre, with respect to a dispute between the general contractor and the investor;
- advising a client in a dispute regarding the construction of an LNG terminal in northern Poland;
- advising a French contractor with respect to the construction of water treatment facilities in central and northern Poland;
- advising a Polish contractor with respect to the construction of a waste sorting facility in the northern Poland;
Advocate Katarzyna Moroz is a graduate of the Faculty of Law and Administration of the Jagiellonian University in Krakow (2010). During her studies she completed the American Law Programme conducted jointly with the Catholic University of America, as well as attended the faculty of law at the University of Versailles under the Socrates-Erasmus exchange programme. She acquired valuable legal skills thanks to participating (twice) in the prestigious Willem C. Vis International Arbitration Moot in Vienna (2009 and 2010). Her master thesis, written entirely in the English language, won the 1st award in the Professor J. Jakubowski’s competition for the best master thesis on arbitration.
In 2015 she passed bar exam and became a member of the Warsaw Bar Association.
Katarzyna worked for many years in the litigation department of one of the largest international law firms. She represented clients in complex litigation and arbitration disputes, where the amount in dispute reached dozens of millions of zloty. On many occasions she counseled clients at the stage of contracts’ performance in order to secure the client’s interests in the event of a dispute with the contracting party. Clients particularly appreciate her ability to present complex legal issues in a concise and accessible manner. She has extensive experience in construction disputes, including disputes arising out of contracts based on FIDIC conditions. In particular, her area of expertise includes the issues of termination of construction contracts, performance security and payment of bank guarantees issued as a performance security, claims related to the construction defects, subcontractors’ claims under the construction contracts.
She provides legal services both in Polish and English, she also is fluent in written French and communicative in spoken French.email@example.com